Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: December 30, 2021
These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the Clean Karma Site ( “Clean Karma”
) governing your use of the Clean Karma Site. Clean Karma’s website (including www.cleankarma.org) (the “Site”), mobile applications (the “Apps”
), and related services, information and communications are collectively referred to as the “Clean Karma.”
A few highlights of these Terms of Service include:
- You must be at least the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside (18 years old for U.S. based users), and otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts, in order to use or access the Clean Karma Platform.
- Your agreement that the technology for the Clean Karma Platform is provided “as is” and without warranty.
- Your agreement that Clean Karma provides no warranty and has no liability regarding User action on the Clean Karma Site or the performance of Help Requests.
- Your acknowledgment and agreement that Clean Karma does not supervise, scope, direct, control, or monitor the work of a User who wants to help and the Help Requests performed.
- Your acknowledgement and agreement that Users who need help are solely responsible for determining if the User who wants to help is qualified to perform the Help Request.
- Your agreement to hold harmless and indemnify Clean Karma from claims due to your use of or inability to use the Clean Karma Site or content submitted from your account to the Clean Karma Site.
1. The Clean Karma Site Connects Users who need help and Users who want to help
Clean Karma offers Internet users (users of the Clean Karma Site) the opportunity to use the Clean Karma services in accordance with the privacy of this user agreement, which includes the condition for the collection, storage, processing and use of data received from users of the Clean Karma Site. This Agreement enters into force from the moment of explicit consent of the user of the Clean Karma website with its privacy. Having started to browse the site and or use the site"s functions, after completing the registration procedure, the user of the Clean Karma Site is considered to have accepted the privacy of the agreement in full, without any restrictions or exceptions. If the user of the Clean Karma site doesn’t agree with any of the provisions of the agreement, the user of the Clean Karma site shouldn’t use the functions of the Clean Karma Site or view it
The Clean Karma Site enables connections between Users for the performance of Help requests. Clean Karma is not responsible for the performance or communications of Users, nor does it have control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of Users, nor of the integrity, responsibility, competence, qualifications, or any of the actions or omissions whatsoever of any Users. Clean Karma makes no warranties or representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the Help Request requested or services provided by, or the communications of or between, Users identified through the Clean Karma Site, whether in public or private, via on- or off-line interactions, or otherwise howsoever.
2. Contract between Users who need help and Users who want to help
You acknowledge and agree that an agreement to help another User is formed when you and that User agree on the terms of a Help request.
Clean Karma offers users of the Clean Karma website access to the user base who need help, to the personal data of these users, and to functions that help create a request for help, find a user who will help, find a person who needs help. Clean Karma provides functions for viewing a request for help, a function that allows users to communicate, to reach an agreement to receive help or provide help. To be able to operate the Clean Karma service and to be able to implement an agreement between users for help, users of the Clean Karma website must provide personal data, location data or permission to receive this data automatically. Personal data can be voluntarily specified by the user and voluntarily transferred to other users through the functions of the Clean Karma service to ensure the operation of the service. All these site functions and data provided by users are the subject of this agreement. By starting to use the Clean Karma site, the user of the Clean Karma Site voluntarily agrees with the requirements of this agreement. The Clean Karma website and this agreement may be changed or supplemented with the development of the service. Changes take effect from the date of publication. Representatives of the Clean Karma Site service shouldn"t inform the users of the Clean Karma site about changes and additions. The user of the Clean Karma website must monitor changes to the service and this provision on his own.
To use the key functions of the Clean Karma Site, the user of the Clean Karma Site must register and provide all the necessary information.
Any incomplete or invalid information provided by the user of the Clean Karma Site is the basis for blocking or deleting the user account of the Clean Karma Site or refusing to use any functions. The assumption of the employees of the Clean Karma website that the information is false or incomplete, or the complaint of other users about the information provided by the user is sufficient to block. To unblock, you need to confirm the information or provide a refutation.
3. Public Areas; Acceptable Use
The Clean Karma Site may contain profiles, email systems, blogs, message boards, reviews, ratings, task postings, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities ( “Public Areas”
) that allow Users to communicate with other Users. You may only use such community areas to send and receive messages and materials that are relevant and proper to the applicable forum. For the safety and integrity of the Clean Karma Site, you should not share your personal contact information with other Users.
Without limitation, the Clean Karma Site may not be used for any of the following purposes:
- To defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, intimidate, misrepresent, mislead or otherwise violate the rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy, confidentiality, reputation, and publicity) of others, including Users and Clean Karma staff;
- To publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful language, material or information;
- To upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights (or rights of privacy or publicity) of any User, third party, or Clean Karma;
- To upload files or scripts such as Trojan horses, corrupt files, SQL injections, worms, timebombs, cancelbots or any other files or software that may damage Clean Karma or its Users’ computers;
- To advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose through the Clean Karma Site which are not relevant to the Request services.
While using the Clean Karma Site, you may not:
- Use the Clean Karma Site for any unauthorized or illegal purpose, including but not limited to posting or performing a Help request in violation of local, state, provincial, national, or international law;
- Post or upload any content which you have not obtained the necessary rights and permissions to use accordingly;
- Post the same Help requests repeatedly (“spamming”);
- Download any file posted by another User that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Clean Karma Site;
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Public Areas;
- Use a robot, spider, manual, meta tag, “hidden text,” agent, robot, script, and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape, collect, mine, republish, redistribute, transmit, sell, license, download, manage or index the Clean Karma Site, or the electronic addresses or personal information of others, in any manner;
- Hack or interfere with the Clean Karma Site, its servers or any connected networks;
- Adapt, alter, license, sublicense or translate the Clean Karma Platform for your own personal or commercial use;
- Remove, alter, or misuse, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks or rights owned by Clean Karma and Affiliates;
- Upload content to the Clean Karma Site that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content thatadvocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals;
- Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that exploit people in an abusive, violent or sexual manner;
- Solicit for any other business, website or service, or otherwise contact Users for employment, contracting or any purpose not related to use of the Clean Karma Site as set forth herein;
- Collect usernames, email addresses, or other personal information of Users by electronic or other means;
- Use the Clean Karma Site in violation of this Agreement;
- Register under different usernames or identities after your account has been suspended or terminated, or register under multiple usernames or false identities, or register using a false or disposable email or phone number;
- Cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above; or
- Use tools with the goal of masking your IP address (like the TOR network).
You understand that all submissions made to Public Areas will be public and that you will be publicly identified by your name or login identification when communicating in Public Areas. Clean Karma will not be responsible for the action of any Users with respect to any information or materials posted in Public Areas.
4. Deactivation and Suspension
Clean Karma may suspend your right to use the Clean Karma Site pending its investigation of a potential breach by you of this Agreement. Clean Karma may deactivate your account or limit your use of the Clean Karma Site upon its determination that you breached a provision of this Agreement (a “User Breach” ). Clean Karma will provide you with notice of its determination. If you wish to appeal this determination, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receipt of such notice with the grounds for your appeal.
If Clean Karma suspends or deactivates your account or limits your use of the Clean Karma Site, you are thereafter prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name or business name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
Clean Karma reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any portion of the Clean Karma Site at its sole discretion. Clean Karma will provide you with notice of any such modification or discontinuation as required by law. To the extent permitted by law, Clean Karma shall not be liable to you for any modification or discontinuance of all or any portion of the Clean Karma Platform. Clean Karma has the right to restrict anyone from completing registration as a User if such person may threaten the safety and integrity of the Clean Karma Site, or if such restriction is necessary to address any other reasonable business concern.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing all use of the Clean Karma Site and deactivating your account.
5. Account, Password, Security, and Other Communications
You must register with Clean Karma and create an account to use the Clean Karma Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any log-in, password, and account number provided by you or given to you by Clean Karma for accessing the Clean Karma Site. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, even if not authorized by you. Clean Karma has no control over the use of any User’s account and expressly disclaims any liability derived therefrom. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify Clean Karma immediately.
6. Safety; Your Interactions with Other Users.
Though Clean Karma strives to encourage a respectful member experience through features like chat messages that allows users to communicate only after they have both indicated interest in one another, Clean Karma is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money to other users.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CLEAN KARMA DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. CLEAN KARMA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OR COMPATIBILITY OF USERS. CLEAN KARMA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT – AND YOU AUTHORIZE CLEN KARMA TO CONDUCT – ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS OBTAINED BY IT OR WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY, AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE MAY BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
7. User Generated Content
“User Generated Content” is defined as any information and materials you provide to Clean Karma, its agents, and partners, or other Users in connection with your registration for and use of the Clean Karma Site and participation in Clean Karma promotional campaigns, including without limitation the information and materials posted or transmitted for use in Public Areas. You are solely responsible for User Generated Content, and we act merely as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Generated Content. You acknowledge and agree that Clean Karma is not involved in the creation, development of User Generated Content, disclaims any responsibility for User Generated Content, and cannot be liable for claims arising out of or relating to User Generated Content. Further, you acknowledge and agree that Clean Karma has no obligation to monitor or review User Generated Content, but reserves the right to limit or remove User Generated Content if it is not compliant with the terms of this Agreement.
You hereby represent and warrant to Clean Karma that your User Generated Content (a) will not be false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading; (b) will not be fraudulent or involve the transfer or sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items; (c) will not infringe on any third party’s privacy, or copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or personality (to the extent recognized by law in the country where the Request is performed); (d) will not violate any law, statute, ordinance, code, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, incitement of hatred or false or misleading advertising, anti-spam or privacy); (e) will not be defamatory, libellous, malicious, threatening, or harassing; (f) will not be obscene or contain pornography (including but not limited to child pornography) or be harmful to minors; (g) will not contain any viruses, scripts such as Trojan Horses, SQL injections, worms, time bombs, corrupt files, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
Clean Karma respects the personal and other rights of others, and expects Users to do the same. Clean Karma is entitled to identify a User to other Users or to third parties who claim that their rights have been infringed by User Generated Content submitted by that User, so that they may attempt to resolve the claim directly.
All uploaded data and materials, username, graphic materials, results of help request or other actions of users, usage statistics, etc. can be used by representatives of the Clean Karma website for advertising materials and for covering the service in the media, social networks, advertising campaigns and other communication channels and sources.
8. Links to Third-Party Websites
The Clean Karma Site may contain links (such as hyperlinks) to third-party websites. Such links do not constitute endorsement by Clean Karma or association with those websites, their content or their operators. Such links (including without limitation external websites that are framed by the Clean Karma Site as well as any advertisements displayed in connection therewith) are provided as an information service, for reference and convenience only. Clean Karma does not control any such websites, and is not responsible for their availability, accuracy, content, advertising, products, or services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the content and usefulness of the information obtained from other websites. You acknowledge and agree that Clean Karma has no obligation to monitor, review, or remove links to third-party websites, but reserves the right to limit or remove links to third-party websites on the Clean Karma Site at its sole discretion.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
All text, graphics, editorial content, data, formatting, graphs, designs, HTML, look and feel, photographs, music, sounds, images, software, videos, typefaces and other content, including Clean Karma designs, trademarks, and logos (collectively “Proprietary Material” ) that Users see or read through the Clean Karma Site is owned by Clean Karma, excluding User Generated Content, which Users hereby grant Clean Karma a license to use. Proprietary Material is protected in all forms, media and technologies now known or hereinafter developed. Users may not copy, download, use, redesign, reconfigure, or retransmit anything from the Clean Karma Site without Clean Karma’s express prior written consent and, if applicable, the consent of the holder of the rights to the User Generated Content. Any use of such Proprietary Material other than as permitted herein is expressly prohibited.
10. Changes to this Agreement and the Clean Karma Site
Clean Karma will endeavor to notify you of material changes to this Agreement by email, but will not be liable for any failure to do so. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you must deactivate your account, and immediately stop using the Clean Karma Site.
11. Acknowledgement and Consent